welcome back to my blog where in today’s post I’d like to share my self-care routine with you.
If you’ve been following me for quite a while know, you’d probably know that 40% of my Instagram stories are committed to the types of topics relating to self-care, self-respect, confidence…So I thought I should post something on my blog in the same vein as my stories and other online posts.
Sometimes I don’t do these things for various reasons, anyone who has a schedule will tell you they don’t always follow it because life happens and things change or you don’t always feel motivated to go through with it. But long story short, this is my self care routine:
- Every morning when I wake up and go to the bathroom to wash myself and do my daily business, I always look at the mirror and smile. This simply makes me feel more positive, even on days where I’m not always in the best of moods.
- I stretch. It just moves my muscles and tells my body that it’s time to wake up.
- I write positive affirmations in my diary. That could be any quote on Instagram, Pinterest or anywhere. Just a little thing to make you feel a bit better, something that caught your eye.
- After the affirmations, I drink tea. Sometimes it’s the same tea for a whole month and sometimes I change up the flavors every day. It all depends on how I’m feeling (note: on one hand I’m rigid enough in my routine for it to provide a sense of stability and familiarity but on the other hand I’m flexible enough to feel free and in control of my life, without feeling like my routine is the thing in control).
- I meditate. Every morning and every night I meditate. That’s literally the best decision in my life. (If you want to know more about meditation you can click here and use some apps and websites that go deeper into the effects of meditation)
- I drink a lot of water, it keeps me hydrated and energetic. Also, just the idea that I’m being healthy by doing something so minimal, makes me feel better and thus I just feel healthier and so, at least mentally, I am healthier.
- Every morning and every night I text my best friends and the people I love, good morning and good night messages are a big thing for me.
- I regularly tidy my room.
- I create a to-do list every morning. It helps me make my daily goals clearer. So I’m not surprised about anything because I know what I’ll do that day.
- I turn off my phone at least once per day and I just pay attention to the people around me.
- Family time. I always find time for my family at least 1 hour per day. It makes me feel as though I’m sticking to this group that I was born into for a reason, even if I don’t agree with everything about them.
If you have any questions or want to know what my recommendations would be for a self-care routine, please let me know down in the comments below.
Also, I’d love to hear about your self-care routine in the comment section and whatever other tips you could share with us! I love learning new things from people and hearing about different kinds of routines.
T-Shirt – Adidas
Penny Bag – New Yorker similar one HERE
Sweatpants – Nike
Sneakers – Adidas (sport reality) HERE
What can you do to support me?
Firstly, thank you for reading this blog post. To support me and my work you can follow me on my Instagram account and subscribe to my YouTube channel. You can do this by clicking the buttons bellow. Also subscribe to my newsletter to get an email every time I post something new on my blog. You can do this by entering your email address in the first widget on the sidebar. Take care!