welcome back to my blog where in today’s post I’d like to share my self-care routine with you.
If you’ve been following me for quite a while know, you’d probably know that 40% of my Instagram stories are committed to the types of topics relating to self-care, self-respect, confidence…So I thought I should post something on my blog in the same vein as my stories and other online posts.
Sometimes I don’t do these things for various reasons, anyone who has a schedule will tell you they don’t always follow it because life happens and things change or you don’t always feel motivated to go through with it. But long story short, this is my self care routine:
- Every morning when I wake up and go to the bathroom to wash myself and do my daily business, I always look at the mirror and smile. This simply makes me feel more positive, even on days where I’m not always in the best of moods.
- I stretch. It just moves my muscles and tells my body that it’s time to wake up.
- I write positive affirmations in my diary. That could be any quote on Instagram, Pinterest or anywhere. Just a little thing to make you feel a bit better, something that caught your eye.
- After the affirmations, I drink tea. Sometimes it’s the same tea for a whole month and sometimes I change up the flavors every day. It all depends on how I’m feeling (note: on one hand I’m rigid enough in my routine for it to provide a sense of stability and familiarity but on the other hand I’m flexible enough to feel free and in control of my life, without feeling like my routine is the thing in control).
- I meditate. Every morning and every night I meditate. That’s literally the best decision in my life. (If you want to know more about meditation you can click here and use some apps and websites that go deeper into the effects of meditation)
- I drink lots of water, it keeps me hydrated and energetic. Furthermore, just the idea of being healthy by doing something so minimal makes me feel better and therefore I feel healthier and therefore, at least mentally, I am healthier.
- Every morning and every evening I text my best friends and the people I love, good morning and good night messages are an important thing to me.
- I regularly tidy up my room.
- I make a to-do list every morning. It helps me make my daily goals clearer. So I’m not surprised at anything because I know what I’m going to do that day.
- I turn off the phone at least once a day and just pay attention to the people around me.
- Time for the family. I always find time for my family at least 1 hour a day. It makes me feel like I’ve remained loyal to this group I was born into for a reason, even if I don’t agree with everything about them.
- If you have any questions or want to know what my recommendations for a self-care routine would be, just let me know in the comments below.
- Also, I’d love to hear about your self-care routine in the comments section and any other tips you could share with us! I love learning new things from people and listening to different kinds of routines.
T-Shirt – Adidas
Penny Bag – New Yorker similar HERE
Sweatpants – Nike
Sneakers – Adidas (sport reality) HERE